Saturday 11 April 2009

Cycling is the way forward.

I attempted a short five miler around Wandsworth Common on Wednesday and found that although my leg ached quite a lot, the pain was vastly reduced and with that level of ache I reckon I could definately complete the marathon. So the key is not to make it any worse...

Following some VERY stern words from my co-runner and some sage words of wisdom from my elder cousin (Andy Willco) I decided that perhaps running was not the most sensible option...

And so, out came Katy's bike from the stable and today I set off round our road circuit with the aim of doing 2 or 3 laps (5 1/2 mile laps). It actually went very well and although I am a very slow cyclist who does not even go fast downhill because I am a wimp (110km / hour on skis is no problem, 20km / hour on a bike is terrifying!); I did manage to do 4 laps. The countryside was looking beautiful and there was blazing sunshine and bright blue skies. I also had my imagination and by the end of four laps I was the British duathlon champion and I was entering both the 10km run and a cycling discipline in the 2012 olympics...

I did get a little carried away! But the good news was that my legume did not hurt at all so I can at least keep my self cardio fit...

No comments:

Post a Comment