Thursday 23 April 2009

There is a reason people jogging do not smile.

I have heard on a number of occasions, people commenting that they never see a jogger smile. Daddy for one is always saying that obvioulsy no one enjoys it because you never see a happy runner.

WELL, there is a reason. This evening, as I was driving over Battersea Bridge, a man was jogging along the pavement and he was actually smiling to himself. In fact, not just smiling, he was laughing at times. And my thoughts? He looked like a total nutcase. If I had been walking I would have crossed the pavement to avoid him.

It is similar to if you are sitting by yourself in a public place, be it a bus stop, airport, bar, etc., and someone comes up and says "Go on smile, it may never happen..." Why would I smile if I am sitting by myself??? Everyone around would think I should be committed if I just sat around grinning inanely at the passing world.

So don't be fooled by the lack of smiles, there are people out there who enjoy jogging!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment