Sunday 19 April 2009

Trot on Grumpy, I'll freewheel on by...

Grumple, Neil and I were staying with Antonia and Nick in Gloucestershire this weekend and on Sunday morning we set out on various activities. Grumpy ran 7 miles and Antonia and I followed on bikes.

As we cruised past Grumpy on our bikes, freewheeling down a hill, I actually felt ENVIOUS of her running!! Of course, if I was able to run and had been with her, I would have been desperate to be on a bike; it is quite amusing to be envious of somebody doing something that I don't even like, purely and simply because someone else has told me that I am not allowed to do it... I seem to have reverted to the mentality of a two year old!

I did a shorter bike ride of 14 miles on Sunday but it means that I did do nearly 50 miles over the weekend so hopefully that will have done something for some part of my fitness!

Grumps is still insisting that we run together. I think we will start together and see how we get on - as we know this is the only time either of us are ever going to do it it seems only fair that if I am struggling, she should jog on and get a good time. Ironically, Grumpy says she does not mind running with me because the time is not important to her, whereas it is VERY important to me (silly competitive nature that I have...). I have a feeling I may be able to change her mind on the BIG day though...

No comments:

Post a Comment