Tuesday 7 April 2009

Running for 2!

So… 20 miles. It actually wasn’t too bad (i.e I survived!) Very sadly my buddy had to stay at home and be a good girl by RESTING her poor leg (a lot of persuasion is being needed and a few lectures from me are going her way because she is not too keen on the resting and keeps trying to sneak in runs- not allowed!)

I instead managed to find a fellow marathon runner to share my plight and for the 1st 14 miles was joined by mette who kept me on the right paths (how I get anywhere with my sense of direction I really don’t know!) She also plied me with sachets of energy gel- I have been told by many that these are essential and provide a much needed energy boost. I think maybe my expectations were far too high- I was expecting to eat one of these things and find my legs just taking off… not so unfortunately, the legs remained heavy and the experience wasn’t helped by the fact that it’s like swallowing slightly sweet luke warm snot… but I guess I got round!

We ran along the river from Vauxhall to parliament, then along St James’ park, around green park, then hyde park, around the serpentine, Regents park , back to hyde park then back home… it was the most beautiful day and although I must admit a 20 mile run isn’t how I’d necessarily chose to appreciate a beautiful day, I probably would have lain in and certainly would not have seen 5 of London’s parks in all their glory so it added to the smug feeling I had for the rest of the day!

Despite then falling asleep straight after and missing Neil’s rugby match, I did manage to go out and play later- (Until midnight!!!) and amuse myself by baa baa watching!

Anyway, the hard work ‘ain’t over yet- now all energy is going into trying to help Abbs- if anyone has secret magic fingers please call us!! (not that I’m in the least bit worried about piggy backing her round 26 miles of course- never shy away from a challenge!)

No comments:

Post a Comment