Monday 6 April 2009

Running ban.

Hmmm, any plans for sub 4 1/2 hours may be up the spout for Abbs... My calf injury is proving a bit of a problem and the osteo banned me from running at the weekend. I went back to see him yesterday and it has improved, however I am not allowed to do too much before the big day.

To say that it is frustrating would be a huge understatement, but aside from having a tantrum of epic proportions (which I have considered but dismissed for the time being) there is little I can do.

If the marathon was further away, he would recommend total rest, but it isn't further away, it is just over 2 1/2 weeks! I am allowed to try a short run tomorrow, then try and build up a bit but definately no more than 15 miles and not as much as the training programme and if it hurts I have to stop. The theory being to do what I can before the marathon but not to make it any worse because if I start the marathon with an injury it will be hard to complete it, but if it gets painful mid-way through, I can probably manage to finish. Sounds fun!?!?

One good thing I have found out is that I have a very high pain threshold. He said that he could feel how much he was hurting my leg when he was working it and he decided that I could probably survive torture at the hands of the enemy if I could put up with the pain he was inflicting.

Wow, the marathon experience... You just can't put a value on it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment